Monday, September 16, 2013

Up Close & Personal with Hair Stylist "Hair by Alicia"

Up Close and Personal has been so much fun and such an interesting project so far. Learning about some of the great Professionals Columbus Ohio has to offer is always a great way to learn about a potential professional vendor for your wedding day!

Meet Alicia Miller, owner and stylist of "Hair by Alicia"
 
 
 

 
Q: What made you decide to become a Professional Hair Stylist?

A: Since high school really.

Q: How was your first event and what would you have done differently if anything?

A:The first time I did hair for a wedding was when I was in high school and my sister's friend was getting married! I had not been to cosmetology school yet or had any training! At the time, I thought I did great......looking back, well, not my best work! Lol! But it was a great experience and I still love doing hair as much now as i did then!!!


Q: What makes couples want to hire you? 

A: Well first, usually just the bride wants to hire me. I have yet to have a groom ask for formal styles for himself and the groomsmen! I will keep you posted if that happens! But I think I win the brides over by listening to their needs and wants and being very upfront and honest about how I feel their hair will look the best considering their length and texture, with keeping in mind the look they want to achieve.


Q: How do you make sure couples feel confident in your business?


A: I show them my reviews and my experience along with my portfolio and many of them come from referrals from friends.

 
Q: Do you book more than one event on the same day?

A: Not typically, but I have before as long as I know there is plenty of time to get from one party to the other without rushing anyone!


Q: What do you enjoy doing in your spare time with family and friends or by yourself?

A: Between a 3yr old and 1yr old, I'm not sure there is much spare time! Lol! My husband and I just love spending time with our kids every chance we get! They are our world! Oh and so is football! We love football! Unfortunately not the same team.....I'm all Ohio State and he is all Michigan! Needless to say, our
kids are going be confused!!!


Q: Do you have any hobbies?

A: Well I am getting back into coloring, as in coloring on princess coloring books, playing with blocks and monster trucks, and playing outside in the sprinkler! Just another day with the kids! Lol


Q: What is the best advice you can give to a couple when planning their wedding?

A: Do what you want to do and not what you think everybody wants! Its your day! Its only perfect if it fits the two of you perfectly! Don't stress over the little things. At the end of the day, if your married to the love of your life, the rest doesn't even compare to that happiness!
 
Q: Would you say your pricing is compatible with almost any budget?

A: Absolutely! I try to keep my prices fair for any budget!


Q: What is the funniest thing you have ever seen at a wedding?

A: Well technically I didn't see it, but the night before my wedding, my husband and his friends thought it would be a good idea to have shopping cart races in the parking lot of the hotel, I guess it was funny.... until the cops showed up!


Q: How can couples contact you to set up a consultation?

A: Through email, phone or text  614-735-4576 or clowiecat@msn.com


Q: Do you charge for a consultation?

A: No


Q: What trends do you see coming for 2014 couples?

A: I still have yet to see hairstyles for the men. However, braids and loose up-dos and soft curls seem to be what's in store.


Q: Are you married, single, children...tell me a little about yourself!

A: I have been married for 6 years to my amazing husband Andy. We have a 3yr old daughter Taryn and a 1yr old son Cory. We also have 2 American Bulldogs, Abby and Buddy and a cat, Morgan. As you can guess, our lives are truly chaotic, but we love our little family and take advantage of all of our time together!


Make sure to come visit Alicia at the 2014 Bride's Seminar and the Smith &Wollensky Open-House visit our webpage for more information

Bride's Seminar

At Party Planners Plus we highly endorse Hair by Alicia!!!
 
www.partyplanersplusweddings.comhttp://www.partyplannersplusweddings.com

0 comments: